Google+ Followers

Tuesday, 6 May 2014

Ukrainian Eyes: Ghoststories - Restoring humanity in Ukraine | @ukrainianeyes #EuroMaidan

Ukrainian Eyes: Ghoststories - Restoring humanity in Ukraine:

I want to write stories of grieve, mourning and suffering. Hundred-and-Two death Heavenly Heroes in Kyiv. Forty-Six men burned, suffocated and shot in Odessa. Soldiers and citizens dying in Slyaviansk. I want to write a stories of grieve. I want to write stories of mourning. I want to write stories of suffering.


But I don't want to do it on my own. I challenge you my Ukrainians. I challenge you my Ukrainians from Lviv, Kharkiv, Donetsk, Kyiv, Dnipropetrovsk, Odessa, Simferopol. Join me. Join me in giving all, ALL, of these ghosts of the Ukrainian suffering the story of their life.

All these victims - death wasn't their choice. They didn't want to die. Certainly, they had a cause, which they considered a just cause. But they didn't deserve to die for that cause. And even if they were prepared to give their live, it shouldn't have been taken so brutally, and without reason. For once the longing for the Ukrainian nation shouldn't be drowned in blood.

It's not to late. We killed them. You and me. Because we didn't stand up and said: 'OK, it's enough. For once we gonna create a decent, sovereign Ukraine nation in a non violent, peaceful, human way.' Why is that so difficult? It's not to late. We can begin with looking for a new way of mourning together. We can write a monument for the unknown citizens of Ukraine. We can give them a human face, human dignity again. Regardless of their political convictions, and their 'ethnic' - o, how I hate this word - roots.

Please join me in writing their ghoststories. The story of the live and death of every one of them. Wouldn't it be an act of real human heroism if one decent man or woman, living in Lviv, writes a little personal note on a 'pro-russian' casualty in Odessa? And wouldn't it take real human courage for a decent man or woman from Donetsk to realy look in the live of one of those killed 'facists and banderites' of Lviv?

'via Blog this'